Friday 11 November 2011

Big Brother ends and the battle continues

Mission Statement:

I will continue the battle for Live Feed even though the show has finished (in what may be best described as an unusual manner.) Perhaps a fitting end to a shabby version of something that was once far, far better.
It started with falsehoods from C5 about what they would offer and descended into acrimony and mutual suspicion as they attempted to stifle all dissent.  The manipulation of all the highlight shows was apparent and served only to annoy the voters.  Aaron was the winner.  He had a large fan base and an equally large and vociferous opposition.

As long as I can I will chase them and harangue them and point out their failings to anyone who will listen.

There have been some good recent articles about BB. 

My first choice is from Kit Marsters.

Kit Marsters at the Huffy Post - Big Brother On Channel 5 - Does It Have A Future?

My second choice is from a fan site.

BBSpy Big Brother 2011 in review

After a night's reflection it seems likely that this was not the result that Channel 5 BB wanted or planned for. It seems that BB did not want him to win but would have preferred one of the two young ladies who had already shown a fair deal of their specific 'talents' in other activities on the web.  Failing a girl win they might have liked Jay to be the face of Ibiza themed BB going forward.  Certainly not metrosexual Aaron.  His ability to think and speak was probably not the asset they wanted as their brand leader. They showed him as badly as they could all the way through.  If he had sought solace by shitting in the freezer it surely would have been a special Highlights show all of its own.

They sought control of everything all the way through and in the end they could not control the combined power of the social media, block votes, fan groups (& gamblers attracted by a nice pay day.)

It is really ironic that the very activity that they thought would help them flog their shabby product turned round and bit them. I take heart from their discomfort.  Perhaps now they see that control and rent-a-mob is not how BB worked and should work.   BB has always been about viewer participation; no viewers, no show C5.

2 comments:

  1. I am right beside you for this fight as well, Jazzy.
    I have to commend you on your relentless targeting of the Twitter posts from @BBLIVEUK and @BBUK. You were brutally honest with them, and that's what they needed to hear.
    I am sure at times, that whoever it was that was doing the tweeting was exasperated and discouraged as we bombarded them daily with their inane, incompetent tweets.
    I can't wait until CBB in January to do it all over again.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dr D. And here is another thing. Marcus Bentley blocked me for saying that the C5 show was not as good as its predecessor. Another BB Tweeter suggested that this was at the instigation of C5. Maybe so. If it was though I do also take heart from that because of a couple of things. She sent him a DM asking why - I await his timely response.
    Firstly it means that my constant plugging of the message did make a difference.
    Secondly I only spoke to Marcus himself about 3 times and I was never rude. I spoke to BB more than 1000 times. If he blocked me at their instigation it means that they are targeting me specifically. That in turn means that my message is an irritation to them and want me to stop.
    Marcus can block me or unblock me as he sees fit. It won't make a jot of difference. If they don't like what I say they can change what they do because I will not stop talking.

    ReplyDelete